Sunday, May 26, 2013

Safety eyes and eyelashes

Hi all, today's post is how I put on Safety eyes and eyelashes. I found some cording or piping in black which makes great eyeliner that sits neat without having to cut your own black strip to define the eyelid. Spellbinder circle dies usually used in paper craft come in very handy here I used a 1 and 1/2" circle die for these eyelids. I have also used them to cut noses, (see my video).
Cheap false eyelashes are perfect for this project which you can purchase bulk on eBay etc.
To make the eyelids I basically cut one circle in half , place a small amount of cold craft glue on the flat edge of the lid and lay this along the edge of the cord piping for a quick second, then lift off while the glue is still wet on the piping and lay your eyelash down. Then lay the lid back over the glue mark sandwiching the eyelash between. When gluing the finished lids over your eye you can use a fine tip hot glue gun to glue down just the tips of each end of the eyelids but please note when using any type of glue near fleece, fur or fabric it can be very hard to remove it! I find if you do get a little bit on the fleece or fur don't touch it, let it dry and then with some sharp pointed scissors give the fleece a hair cut to remove the glue. This has worked for me many times. And that's it!
I also bought some great doll eyelashes from Clara in her Etsy store, $2.00 for 6 I though was a good buy. She also has loads of eyes!

Now an update on Sneaky..... He has been keeping a close eye on the pulled apart Baja just to make sure all the parts go back in the right place ;) Good job Sneaky!


 Well I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and pop in often to see what Sneaky is up to! don't forget to check my Facebook page for all the latest supply buys and day to day stuff!  sit back now and watch the video! Happy puppeting.

and a last thought
He that handles a matter wisely shall find good:
 and whoever trusts in the LORD, happy is he
Proverbs 16:20



No comments: